Are you of the type who thinks that shopping is a waste of time and money? Or are you the one who loves to buy stuff off the internet and haven’t visited a store in ages? I may be able to chance your thinking. Read on..
1. Delhi: In Delhi, you’ll be able to buy accessories, clothes and even handicrafts as well as electronics, automobiles; just about everything is available in Delhi.
2. Kathmandu: In Kathmandu you can shop from the Thamel and Durbar Square which are famous all over the world for their shawls, silver jewelry, sports gear, electronics, carpets, metal statues, cocktail dresses and lots more.
3. Mysore: The place is known for its ornamental palaces, rich cuisine and beautiful gardens. It is in Mysore that you’ll be able to purchase the authentic and intricate Mysore paintings, their beautiful silk saris as well as a wide variety of sandalwood handicrafts. It is for this reason that shopping in Mysore is a treat for every art enthusiast.
4. Lucknow: in is in the bazaars of Lucknow that you can purchase itr (perfume), chikankari work on fabric and exquisite Jadau jewelery are absolute must buys.
5. Varanasi: It is Varanasi that you can shop for fine weaving as well as elaborate embroidery with gold and silver thread, Banarasi saris, men’s kurtas, silk scarves, ties and also unstitched fabric can be bought. Another specialty of Varanasi is its brassware.
6. Jodhpur: In the city of Jodhpur, you’ll be able to purchase odhanis (dupattas), mojaris, leather product, spices and a number of handicrafts.
7. Hyderabad: In Hyderabad you’ll be able to purchase Hyderabadi pearls form Laad Bazaar and semi-precious jewelry.
8. Kolkata: Kolkata specializes in leather bags, red-bordered saris, books and sweets that you can buy from the New Market and from shops at Park Street
9. Jaipur: In the Pink City the famous Jhohari Bazaar and Bapu Bazaar of Jaipur are considered to be gateways to the vibrant world of lehariyas, Rajasthani bandhanis and batik prints. It is here that you’ll be able to get silver jewelry, bangles, blue pottery, other silverware and also the ornamental home accessories which are authentic, durable and also affordable.
10. Mumbai: The Linking Road and Fashion Street are popular all over the world for their fancy clothing, accessories and artifacts.